Posted by Krysbrem 1 comments


.....

Something that has been going through my mind for the last few months is: 'What do I want to be when I grow up?'. Yes in theory I am already grown up, I turned 30 last year but do I really want to return to my pre-child job. Really that is all is was, was a job. Not a career, not something I truly enjoyed, not my calling and certainly not what I thought I would be doing when I 'grew up'.

There are many things that I remember wanting to do when I was younger....



For the longest time I wanted to be a hairdresser, then as I got older I realised I would have to touch other peoples heads, and that totally turned me off! That and I hated doing my own hair how could I do someone else all.day.long.


This was really high on the list, even did some studies in high school towards it and of course work experience. It was the work experience that scared me for life. Oh.My.God I would have to change nappies, how could they expect me to do that?? Honestly, looking back now what was I thinking that the little ones would stay in their nappies for the whole day or better yet just change themselves. If only I knew then what i do now.

This was by far the most random of my ambitions, probably because I was only 5 at the time.


Argh the old fall back faithful, the one I wish I had pursued, the one I wonder if it is too late to start now? Helping little people learn and become the people they want to be. So many questions and still 15 years later so few answers.


One day I'll grow up, surely?

1

Categories:

1 Response

  1. I think about this all the time. I don't know what I want to do when I grow up, and I think that I might have to grow up soon!

    This is the year for figuring it out for me, and I hope it is for you too. xx