Posted by Krysbrem 2 comments

Children are just drawn to cakes, even before they know what they are they want them. Kaleb was instantly drawn to cakes, before he had even tasted them. Honestly it is like children know they are full of sugar and will give them an instant high.

Give that Kaleb just turned 3 and I made a birthday cake I figured an entry about all things cakes was on the cards. We have done lots of baking of late, not idea why because I don't *need* to eat it and it has been so hot but Kaleb likes to take Dad 'special treats' when we visit, so homemade cupcakes it has been.

So here are some of my recent creations


Vanilla Butter Cupcakes with Meringue Frosting



Chocolate Mud Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting
(both the Cupcake & the Frosting have chocolate fudge in them)

Neapolitan Cupcakes with matching Frosting


Vanilla Buttercakes with Vanilla Frosting & candy flowers


And of course the most important one for the last month, Kaleb's Third Birthday Cake. It is made from Banana Cake with a Cream Cheese Frosting.

Hoping to get some more made today to take up to a friends place tomorrow, but this will (a) depend on children (b) depend on motivation and (c) if I have everything in the house.

Happy Drooling



Krys

Categories: , , ,

2 Responses

  1. Kat says:

    Oh those neopolitan cupcakes and the choc ones look yummy, I can feel my hips widening just looking at them and well that birthday cake was very tasty, even Mackenzie was pleased with the cream cheese icing :)

  2. Liss says:

    Yum!! I love the frosting effect! Clever you!